Thursday, June 5, 2008

First week at new school

I saw the most beautiful young buck today when I went to go pick-up Tae from school. He was small, still had velvety nubs for antlers, and was happily eating someone's rose bush. It felt really good to know that Tae would some day experience this living in Golden. We'll pass on the mountain lions, foxes, skunks, rattle snakes... but will welcome elks, moose, deer, eagles, and bunnies! Back to the subject of school.

Okay... I know it isn't technically school but I prefer to refer to day care as school. I drop Baby Tae off at a designated place of care and learning where he interacts with an instructor/caregiver and other kids. Pretty much what my college students experience. :)

Tae is doing awesome at school. He already has the two sweetest little friends. Big Boy Neil and Big Girl Rachel take very good care of Tae. They love to say Baby Tae and bring him books and toys. Big Boy is turning 2 this month and Big Girl shares the same birthday as Tae but a year sooner.

Baby Tae is already smitten with Ms L and her daughter Brook who is 4. I feel great about the move, especially since Tae is now napping 3 to 4 hours a day. He used to only nap an hour or two at the other school. A well rested kid is a beautiful thing....the more they are rested during the day, the better they sleep at night. Thank goodness!

I'll post some pictures next week!

2 comments:

The Schueler Family said...

That's awesome that you like Tae's new school. We have two more tours coming up next week. I got in contact with ChildCareServices and they sent me a list of places that would fit our wishlist. It's funny cuz the first three centers were Chinese. I guess they figured Chinese was close enough to Korean?
=)

Betty said...

omg how can he be already in school....he is getting so big already